For connecting to FAS using Macs or PC's, software is available
at FAS . See their
Dial-up guide .
If you prefer to setup the connection yourself, here are the
parameters in the Free ppp setup panel and the TCP/IP panel for
| PPP setup panel
| Chat script
| TCP/IP Panel
Things to check if it does not work:
- The modem has two phone jacks. It can be
crucial for some modems that the the the right jack is
attached to the telephone. Also chek that the cable is
plugged well. Check the cable by putting a phone into
- The modem is at the printer port or
it is at the modem port and the application
listens to the printer port.
- If the get a box message "serial port in use":
check if you have an extension called "Serial
port arbitrator". If so, delete it and restart the machine.
- Some oder modems can be in a bad state when switched on
Switching them on and off again to reset should help.
- There could be an error in the chat script. Make
sure for example to update the password in the script
when the FAS account passwort is changed.
- Compare the settings in the TCP/IP panel.
Check the telephone number, the search domain and
and the name server addr server address.